HENINEN.NETRAATTEEN PORTTISuomiРусскийNewsAbout projectMemory pantheonExpeditionMediaPressLinksGuestbookCronicle of battlesPhotoarchiveDocumentsWar and fatesMemory and lawCoöperation of museumsTourism
Medvezhegorsk's City museum

The museum was founded in 1962; it has the municipal status from 1991.

The museum is housed in the historical building of the former hotel of the Belomorsky-Baltical canal named after Iosif Stalin, which was built in 1935 and is now an architecture monument.

There is the branch of the museum - the "Sandarmoh", which is planned to be transformed into the separate museum later.

Medvezhegorsk's City museum

In September 18, 2003, there was held an international seminar: "Defense constructions from WWII in Medvezhegorsk", that used the museum exposition.

The international seminar "Defense constructions from WWII in Medvezhegorsk"
September 18, 2003. The international seminar "Defense constructions from WWII in Medvezhegorsk"

186300, Medvezhegorsk, Dzerzhinsky str., 22, Karelia, Russia
Phone: +7 (814-34) 2-42-32

© Raatteen Portti, 2002–2004
© Karelian Institute for the Development of Education, 2002–2004
© Heninen.net, 2002–2017